This is a series of illustrated repair and maintenance procedures for Suzuki's line of GS motorcycles. We hope this series will grow to include many more procedures.
And, of course, corrections, critiques, and feedback are always welcome and needed so let me know!
Requests from this thread on The GS Resources forum.
If you have expertise to contribute and a digital camera or scanner, please shoot me an email for instructions. (Please don't send me attachments!)
- "Screw and Locknut" valve adjustment
- Replacing brake pads
- Replacing the chain and sprockets
(for those unfortunates with non-shafties)
- Setting the points gap and timing
(for those unfortunates with non-electronic ignition)
- Replacing fork seals
- Replacing the stator and rectifier
- "How to get rid of that nasty clutch rattle"
(for those unfortunates with...)
- Clutch replacement
- Rear drum brake shoe replacement
- 630 to 530 chain conversion
- Replacing steering stem bearings
- "Electrical System Diagnostics for Dummies"
- Minor head clean-up and porting
- Choosing and installing updated wheels, tires, and front ends
- Cam degreeing
- Change brake fluid
- How to fuel up your brand new old GS!! (riiiigghht...)
- Changing the transmission in an 1100
- Cylinder head rebuild